Kew High School values the connection with former students (alumni) and encourages alumni to stay in touch with their school.
There are many meaningful ways alumni can support current student and their old school, some of these include:
- Sharing experiences of further study, work opportunities and providing advice to help with subject selection and career pathway planning,
- Hosting a Yr.10 student for a work experience placement or supporting students in Structured Workplace Learning,
- Helping teachers with co-curricular activities and events including coaching,
- Hosting an International Student whilst they attend Kew High School,
- Facilitating learning and development opportunities for students beyond school grounds,
- Being a donor – initiating or contributing to a fundraising campaign.
The benefits for alumni remaining connected include:
- Supporting their spiritual wellbeing due to belonging to a caring and cohesive community for life,
- Assisting school leavers with the transition from Yr.12 to the next phase of life,
- Enabling alumni to meet a wider range of alumni (in person and online) which is helpful for career networking,
- Giving alumni a sense of purpose when they choose to ‘give back’ to their old school,
- Potentially gaining employment.
To join our alumni community and to get involved, please email us with your preferred contact details and a brief bio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alumni can also stay in touch through the school’s official Facebook or Instagram page, and alumni (who list Kew High School on their profile) can join the LinkedIn Group for professional networking to assist with career opportunities.